Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Jet Fuel Super Hero

This is a coffee cup sleeve illustration for interpretive illustration class with Joe Morse. It is for the coffee shop in Pearson Airport. I actually went to the airport to research like any good behaving owl should. The coffee I chose was 'Jet Fuel'. Jet Fuel gives you energy (and RedBull gives you wings! Kids, I'm kidding. Caffeine is downright evil. No matter what they say about the benefits of coffee - the studies were probably funded by serious coffee zombies) like a super hero.
Joe Morse mentioned:
EXPLOSION + AIR PORT + FLIGHT + CITY = BAD IDEA
But I couldn't resist the opportunity of making Atomic Boy sort of illustration....

I like the character, but the background city bothers me. I haven't got a clue what to do with it. If there is any suggestion with the city, drop me a line please.

2 comments:

Jack Shepherd said...

Hyein I gotta say I never saw yours, and its probably my favourite of the ones Ive seen. Awesome colour palette and I love the character and textures in the bg.

Woot woot Hyeins on blogger now!

Hyein Lee said...

Oh wow. So nice of you
Thank you.
I'm Jack's favourite!
Favourite!

Hooooray!